Terms of Service
Effective Date: November 28, 2023
Thank you for your interest in BackThen!
We invite you to access our Web sites and use our Service (as defined below), but please note that your use is subject to your review and agreement with certain terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are set forth in this document, and in certain other policies, guidelines and other terms or conditions that may be presented to you from time to time at other locations in our web sites in connection with specific service offerings (all of which may be updated from time to time and are collectively referred to as our Terms of Service ). You need not accept this requirement to agree to our Terms of Service, but if you reject our Terms of Service you do not have any right to accessor use our Service. If you do access our website and use our Service, your use shall be deemed to accept the Terms of Service and be a party to a legally binding contract with Back Then Digital Limited (BackThen, we, and sometimes us).
You may wish to save a copy of these Terms of Service for your records. In any event, be sure to regularly check these Terms of Service for any updates or other changes, which will be legally binding upon you when we post them, whether or not we provide you any other notice of such changes. The then-applicable Terms of Service will be posted on our websites and we will indicate the effective date of each update at the top of the Terms of Service. Your continued use of the Service after any update will be deemed to represent your consent to be bound by, and in agreement with, the new Terms of Service.
1. SERVICE DESCRIPTIONThe BackThen Service consists of applications and websites hosted or made available by BackThen, which you may use or access for uploading, capturing, organising, searching, commenting on, storing, sharing and printing photos, videos, slideshows, stories and comments, on multiple computer and network platforms, now known or hereafter developed (collectively, the Service).
2. USE OF SERVICESubject to your compliance with these Terms of Service, BackThen grants you a limited, personal, non-commercial, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive license to utilise the Service In order to access and/or use the Service, you may be required to provide current, accurate, identification, contact and other information as part of the registration process and/or continued use of the Service, and you will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of such information. You may also be provided with an account, username, password, an email address and similar data (together, the Account Information) to access or use the Service, or to enable another to access, use and modify your notebooks. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account Information and you will be fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including activities of others to whom you have provided your Account Information . You agree to immediately notify BackThen of any unauthorised use (suspected or actual) of your Account Information, account or any other breach of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to provide us with accurate information or to keep your Account Information secure.
You are solely responsible for obtaining the equipment and telecommunication services necessary to access the Service, and all fees associated therewith (such as computing devices, Internet service provider and data charges).
3. CUSTOMER CONDUCTYou acknowledge and agree that all information, data, text, images, software, music, sounds, graphics, video, messages, tags and other materials, in whatever form and technical structure using the Service (Content), are the sole responsibility of the person(s) originating such Content and introducing such Content into the Service. We reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to pre-screen, reject, review, quarantine, delete or move any Content available with the Service for any reason and without liability to any person.
You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and all conduct under your account, and all Content that is created, transmitted, stored or displayed by anyone using your Account Information with the Service and for any consequences arising as a result thereof. You agree to use the Service only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms of Service, and all applicable laws and regulations in the relevant legal jurisdictions (including, without limitation, laws and regulations relating to the recording of audio / audio visual content, copyright laws, defamation laws, privacy laws and the storage and transmission of data and technology). Without limiting the foregoing, you shall be deemed to represent and warrant to BackThen that you have the unfettered legal rights and authority to permit you to submit your Content to BackThen in connection with your use of the Service, and such submission and the grant to BackThen of the rights you grant herein in connection with BackThen's offering and operation of the Service does not infringe the rights of any person or third party.
Please ensure that you are mindful of the legal rights of others in copyrightable works, trademarks and service marks and their individual privacy, and do not reproduce or upload or publish Content that will breach their rights or subject you to legal liability. BackThen cannot and will not provide you legal or other advice on these issues, but will act in accordance with applicable law and in the best interests of BackThen and, in its discretion, the interests of those who use the Service. We encourage you to obtain advice from a lawyer familiar with such issues if you are unsure of your rights to upload, distribute or publish any Content on the Service By using the Service and accepting the Terms of Service, you confirm that you are at least 16 years old.
By submitting to BackThen any ideas, suggestions, documents and/or proposals through the Feedback interface or otherwise (collectively, Contributions), you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) BackThen is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) BackThen shall be entitled to use or disclose(or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide;(d) BackThen may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development;(e) your Contributions automatically become the property of BackThen without any obligation of BackThen to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any accounting, compensation or reimbursement of any kind from BackThen under any circumstances.
You further agree to NOT:
(a) use our products or the Service for illegal purposes or for promotion of dangerous or illegal activities;
(b) impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a BackThen staff member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with BackThen or any other person or entity;
(c) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
(d) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(e) upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, database, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
(f) upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation;
(g) upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(h) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected or applicable to the Service;
(i) breach any applicable local, county, national or international law;
(j) stalk or otherwise harass another person or company, or take any action invasive to another's privacy (by posting, for example, another's photograph, address, email, phone number or any other contact information) without permission from such other person;
(k) collect or store personal data about other users for commercial purposes;
(l) promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any government, legal entity, group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals, including, but not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble explosive device or other weapons or incendiary devices;
(m) allow usage by others in such a way as to violate these Terms of Service;
(n) engage in commercial activities within the Service or on behalf of BackThen without prior approval, including but not limited to the following activities: displaying a banner that is designed to profit you or any other business or organisation; or displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites;
(o) employ tactics to prevent the full and complete display of advertisements within the Service, including, but not limited to, making style changes, customisations or overrides that effectively block or substantially impair the display of advertisements within the Service;
(p) solicit passwords or personal identifying information for unintended, commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
(q) exceed the scope of the Service that you have signed up for, for example, accessing and using features that you do not have a right to use or deleting, adding to or otherwise changing another person's entries or other content when you have not been granted the right to do so;
(r) access (or attempt to access) any of the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by BackThen, or access (or attempt to access) any of the Service through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers) or otherwise engage the Service in a manner reasonably likely to be harmful to the systems operating the Service or the access or use of the Service by others; and/or;
(s) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion or use of, or access to, the Service;
(t) take any action that would use BackThen's trademarks and/or copyright save as permitted under these Terms of Service; and
(u) for public notebooks, you further agree NOT to upload or display content that:
(i) contains sexually graphic material, or material that is otherwise deemed explicit by BackThen; or
(ii) contains threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, invasive, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
If you encounter any of these prohibited uses, you should contact us immediately.
You understand that, notwithstanding our efforts and these Terms of Service, you may be exposed to offensive, indecent or objectionable Content when using the Service, and, accordingly, you use the Service at your own risk.
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, LICENSES AND LIMITATIONSBackThen Rights
You acknowledge and agree that BackThen (and any licensors of BackThen) own(s) all legal right, title and interest in and to the Service, including, without limitation, all software comprising a part of the Service. You further acknowledge and agree that the rights in the Service, including all intellectual property rights, are protected by one or more of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, regulations and treaties, in addition to these Terms of Service. Except for the limited license rights specifically granted to you in these Terms of Service, BackThen and its licensors own and shall retain all rights, title and interest, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, in and to the Service and all software utilised therein(and all copies thereof and related materials that are provided or made available to you with the Service).
In order to enable BackThen to operate the Service, we need to obtain from you a licence and other rights to the Content you submit (so that our processing, maintenance, storage, technical reproduction, back-up, transmission, distribution and display, and related handling of your Content does not infringe applicable copyright, intellectual property and other laws).Accordingly, by using the Service and posting Content, you grant BackThen a license to display, perform, transmit and distribute your Content, and to modify (for technical purposes) and reproduce such Content to enable BackThen to operate the Service. (You also agree that BackThen has the right to elect not to accept, post, store, display, publish or transmit any Content in our sole discretion.) You agree that these rights and licenses are royalty free, perpetual and worldwide, and include a right for BackThen to make such Content available to, and pass these rights along to others with whom BackThen has contractual relationships related to the provision of the BackThen Service, solely for the purpose of providing such services, and to otherwise permit access to your Content to third parties if BackThen determines such access is necessary to comply with its legal obligations.
Except for the limited license and other rights granted in these Terms of Service, you retain all of the rights you had in your Content before you submitted it; unless you elect to enable others to view or have access to the Content you submit to the Service, no one else should see your Content without your consent. If you do elect to share one of your timelines by inviting contacts to be contributors or viewers, then, in doing so, you are enabling each of those permitted users of the BackThen Service access to use, display, perform, distribute and modify your Content(subject to any understandings or agreements you and such users may work out without BackThen's involvement).
As indicated above, you retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Service. Other than the limited license and other rights you grant in these Terms of Service, BackThen acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms of Service in or to any Content that you submit, post, store, transmit or display on, or through, the Service, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You agree that you are solely responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that BackThen has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
BackThen hereby grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the Software provided to you by BackThen as part of the Service as provided to you by BackThen, for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Service as permitted by these Terms of Service, until your rights are terminated in accordance with these Terms of Service.
6. SERVICE COMPONENTSWe retain the right, at our sole discretion, to implement limits to the nature or size of storage available to you, the number of transmissions and messages, the nature or size of any index or library information, the nature of, or your continued ability to access or distribute, your Content and other data, and impose other limitations at any time, with or without notice. You acknowledge that a variety of BackThen actions may impair or prevent you from accessing your Content or using the Service at certain times and/or in the same way, for limited periods or permanently, and agree that BackThen has no responsibility or liability as a result of any such actions or results, including, without limitation, for the deletion of, or failure to make available to you, any Content.
BackThen may from time to time engage certain affiliates or other third parties to provide all or part of the Service to you, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that such third party involvement is acceptable. Further, you acknowledge that in using the Service to send electronic communications (including but not limited to email and uploading Content, and other Internet activities), you will be causing communications to be sent through computer networks owned by BackThen and third parties that your use of the Service will likely result in transnational data transmissions. You understand that BackThen, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Service to our users, may make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media.
BackThen may from time to time include as part of the Service computer software supplied by third parties, including (but not limited to) third party software, which is utilised by permission of the respective licensors and/or copyright holders on the terms provided by such parties. BackThen expressly disclaims any warranty or other assurance to you regarding such third party software.
7. MODIFICATIONSWe reserve the right at any time and at our sole discretion to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service or any part thereof (including Software), with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of any part of the Service. In connection with any modification of the Service, BackThen may automatically download and install software updates from time to time with the intention of improving, enhancing, repairing and/or further developing the Service, and you agree to permit BackThen to deliver these to you (and you to receive them) as part of your use of the Service.
8. PRINT8.1. Placing an Order
A contract for the purchase of a print product is created when you place an order in our Service by pressing the ‘buy now’ button at the end of the checkout process. The customised product contained in the order is a "personalised product." By confirming your order, you are agreeing to purchase the "personalised product" you have selected for your order. At this point, we take payment for your order by means of your nominated payment method and we will confirm our acceptance of your order by sending you an "order confirmation email," which will make the agreement legally binding on you and us. Each order placed will incorporate the Terms and shall be a new and separate contract between you and us.
If your order is rejected, we will contact you to confirm this, and you will be refunded for your Order. We may reject an order (a) if we do not have your chosen product in stock; (b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment; (c) if there has been a relevant pricing or product description error; (d) if your order otherwise breaches any of the requirements of these Terms; (e) the use of images for a personalised product that are corrupted, unsupported technically, or inadequately pixelated; (f) if a personalised product you wish to order contains anything which contravenes, or appears to contravene, our Customer Conduct Rules (see Section 3); (g) we suspect that the order has been placed fraudulently.
We cannot make changes or cancel your Order once it has been placed – for further details on our Cancellation Policy, please see Section 8.6.
8.2. Products Shown
We endeavour to ensure that every product on BackThen is shown accurately; however, occasionally there may be small variations in colour, typefaces, and layout.
The prices displayed in our app are subject to change, and we reserve the right to change these at any time. In rare cases, the price quoted for a product may be displayed incorrectly. We will aim to rectify any such error as quickly as possible and will notify you of the correct price before you make your payment. We are under no obligation to provide the product to you at the incorrect price, even after an Order Confirmation Email has been sent, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably be recognized by you as a mispricing. Prices shown in our app are in GBP and are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at the prevailing rate.
The price of the product does not include the delivery charge. You are advised of delivery charges at checkout; for more information on delivery, please see (Section 8.5).
8.4. Personalisation of Products
It is up to you to ensure that all content in a personalised product is correct (for example, is correctly spelled). We cannot edit or cancel an order for a personalised product once it has been placed so please double-check your order on screen before confirming your purchase. Please refer to Section 8.6 for further information on Changing or Cancelling an Order.
If you select a photo that has a low resolution or image size, we will accept it; however, we cannot guarantee the image quality when printed.
Content Rules - we do not permit personalised products to include anything which contravenes, or appears to contravene, our Customer Conduct Rules (see Section 3).
8.5. Delivery of Products
The price for delivery is shown separately to the cost of goods at the checkout stage before you place your order. An estimated delivery date will be given when you place your order. Occasionally, our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. Dates and times given for delivery are estimates only and we shall not be liable for any delay in delivery.
An "Event Outside Our Control" means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including but without limitation to, adverse weather conditions (such as snow, flood, storms), strikes or industrial action, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, road traffic accidents and road closures.
8.6. Changing or Cancelling an Order
You cannot cancel or edit your Order of personalised products once the order has been placed and an order confirmation email received.
We are not responsible for customer-generated mistakes, errors, or defects including spelling, typographical or grammatical errors; poor image quality derived from low resolution images, order quantity, or other ordering errors, including delivery address. To prevent these errors from happening, please review your order carefully before proceeding to payment.
8.7. Refund policy
If, upon receiving your Product(s), they are damaged or the printing is faulty, you may request a refund or reprint in accordance with the clause below. We will not refund you if the Product(s) are in good condition but the content is wrong due to a mistake made when ordering - please refer to Section 8.4 for further information on ordering personalised products.
You can request a refund or reprint in the case of printing faults or damage on your Order within 7 days of the date of receipt of the Product(s). Please email email@example.com with your order number, a description and clear photograph of the damaged goods and we will consider if you are eligible for a refund or reprint. As stated in Section 8.6, we do not take responsibility for customer-generated mistakes.
If you choose to receive a refund, we will refund you the total amount you paid for the Product(s) plus any delivery charges you may have paid, within 28 days of the day on which you provide us with evidence that the Product(s) are faulty. If you choose to have your Product(s) reprinted, we will do so free of charge and resend to you at no extra cost. Please note, it is not our policy to offer both a refund and a reprint.
8.8. Returns policy
If, upon receiving your Product(s), they are damaged or the printing is faulty, you may request a refund or replacement. Please refer to Section 8.7 for further information.
8.9. Payment and Charges
We only accept payment through the payment methods advertised in the payment section of the checkout in our app. The total charges for the Products and delivery are listed on the checkout page and on the Order Confirmation Email. Your Order Confirmation Email contains all the necessary information to constitute a simplified VAT receipt in line with HMRC guidelines. Payment will be deducted from your account when we send you the Order Confirmation Email.
When submitting your order, you warrant that all the detail you have provided are valid and accurate at the time, and that when your order is accepted by us, payment will be made in full. If we cannot accept your order for the reasons outlined in Section 8.1 then no charges will be made to your card.
All promotions are applied to the value of the order, excluding delivery costs and are subject to our general Terms and Conditions. All promotional codes must be applied by the Customer prior to completing the order for the discount to be deducted. Promotions cannot be applied to previously placed orders or orders placed after the promotion’s expiry date.
Unless stated, discounts cannot be combined and only one offer can be applied to any order, including service wide sales. In this case, the better discount will automatically be applied to the Customer's order.
BackThen reserves the right to exclude certain products from promotions. See the specific details of the promotion for excluded products. Promotional codes are not transferable or redeemable for cash or credit. BackThen reserves the right to amend or withdraw a promotion at any time. BackThen shall not be liable for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation, or withdrawal of any promotion or any failure or inability of a Customer to take advantage of a promotion for any reason.
9. TERMINATIONYou may discontinue your use of the Service at any time, for any or no reason and with or without notice. BackThen may also terminate the Service, or your access to or use of the Service or your account, with or without notice. Reasons for BackThen terminating your account or the Service include, without limitation:(a) breach or violation of these Terms of Service, (b) your request or self-effecting account deletion,(c) an extended period of inactivity (determined in BackThen's sole discretion), (d) your non-payment of any fees or other sums due BackThen or any other party related to your use of the Service, (e) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (f) the discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof), or (g) unexpected technical or security issues or problems. In the event of any termination, we will close your account and you will no longer be able to retrieve Content contained in that account or otherwise use the Service.
10. LINKSWe may include the use of third party resources and/or links to third party websites as part of the Service. We have no control over such sites and resources and, accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that (a) we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources; (b) we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content or other materials available from such sites or resources and (c) we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content or materials available on or through any such site or resource.
11. INDEMNITYYou agree to indemnify and hold BackThen, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertisers and partners harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including legal and other professional fees) arising from or in any way related to any third party claims relating to your use of any of the Service, any breach of these Terms of Service or any other actions connected with your use of the Service (including all actions taken under your account). In the event of such claim, we will provide notice of the claim, suit oration to the contact information we have for the account, provided that any failure to deliver such notice to you shall not eliminate or reduce your indemnification obligation hereunder.
12. YOUR CONTENT STORAGE12.1 If you are using one of our Free Service Package, Content will be stored for a period of 120 days from the date of last logged in access to the Service, and will be deleted promptly after the expiration of such period. BackThen will notify You prior to such deletion by sending an e-mail to Your registered e-mail address. You will be able to stop the Content deletion simply by logging into your BackThen account.
For the avoidance of doubt, you will always retain any storage space you have accrued through promotions until its expiry, in accordance with the relevant Promotions' terms and conditions.
12.2 If you are using more storage than permitted by your storage allowance, for example as a result of your storage subscription plan expiring, we will delete your oldest content to reduce your storage use within your allowance. Once content is deleted, it cannot be recovered. BackThen will notify you prior to such deletion by sending an e-mail to your registered e-mail address so that you can take action to sufficiently increase your storage allowance and retain all your content.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIESYOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
(a) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BACKTHEN EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
(b) BACKTHEN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (iii) ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
(c) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
(d) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BACKTHEN OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITYYOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BACKTHEN, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS, AND OUR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL,USE, DATA, COVER OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF BACKTHEN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES)RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICE PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR THE LOSS, CORRUPTION OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS, CONTENT OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR USING THE SERVICE; (v) BACKTHEN'S ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS IN RELIANCE UPON YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND ANY CHANGES THERETO OR NOTICES RECEIVED THEREFROM; (vi) YOUR FAILURE TO PROTECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY PASSWORDS OR ACCESS RIGHTS TO YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION; (vii) THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY USING THE SERVICE;(viii) ANY ADVERTISING CONTENT OR YOUR PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY ADVERTISED PRODUCT OR SERVICE; (ix) THE TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE; OR (x) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
15. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONSNOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT IS INTENDED TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ANY CONDITION, WARRANTY, RIGHT OR LIABILITY WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACTOR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THOSE LIMITATIONS IN SECTIONS 11 AND 12 WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION (IF ANY) WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. NOTICESYou agree that we may provide you with notices hereunder by email, regular mail or postings on the web site(s)related to the affected Service, in our discretion, and that we may rely upon the contact information you have provided as being accurate, complete and current.
Except where these Terms of Service specifically provide for use of a different means or address for notice, any notice hereunder to BackThen must be delivered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address maybe updated as part of any update to these Terms of Service.
17. GENERAL TERMS(a) These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and BackThen and governs your use of the Service. These Terms of Service, as in effect from time to time, supersedes any prior agreements or earlier versions of these Terms of Service between you and BackThen for the use of the Service. If, through accessing or using the Service, you utilise or obtain any product or service from a third party, you may additionally be subject to such third parties terms and conditions applicable thereto, and these Terms of Service shall not affect your legal relationship with such third party.
(b) You acknowledge and agree that each affiliate of BackThen shall be a third party beneficiary to these Terms of Service and that such other companies shall be entitled to directly enforce, and rely upon, any provision of these Terms of Service which confers a benefit on (or provides rights in favour of) them. Other than this, no other person or company shall be a third-party beneficiary to these Terms of Service.
(c) These Terms of Service and the relationship between you and BackThen shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and BackThen agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within England and Wales. Notwithstanding this, you agree that BackThen shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any applicable jurisdiction.
(d) The failure or delay by BackThen to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service or rights under applicable law shall not constitute a waiver of any such provisions or rights. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Agreement remain in full force and effect.
(e) You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action you may have arising out of or related to use of the Service or otherwise under these Terms of Service must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or you hereby agree to be forever barred from bringing such claim.
(f) The section headings in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.